Software company had developed strong and valuable IP for creating test data sets for SAP implementations, but had run out of financial runway. Sought to sell the IP to recoup as much investment as possible.
Quickly found prospects in the market with SAP-oriented technical services and/or software to acquire the IP to bundle into their offerings.
- Developed abbreviated marketing materials to get quickly out to market
- Identified 55 organizations to approach in North America and the EU
- Identified target product/service line managers to approach, realizing that corporate development offices would not pay attention to orphaned IP
- Contacted target line managers to generate interest in the IP and help them understand how it could make their LOB more efficient and more profitable
- Worked with several buyers to assess technology, platform, and viability of IP
- Selected and closed with buyer, an SAP technical services provider, to acquire the IP to buttress their SAP implementation testing offering
Client recouped and distributed 75% of the original shareholder investment and wound down operations.